View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jeff...I know gov't healthcare coverage needs to be dramatically improved and I'm for one am certainly not offended...but please explore to see if there is a Medicaid "waiver" in your state..as you may be able to claim your medical needs as loss of income..Medicaid policies and restrictions vary state from state..as it is state regulated assistance.....before you give up get in touch with a hospital social worker...

I don't know what the going rate for is in your state..but at one time we had a live in caregiver that I paid $500 a week for round the clock care and room and board awhile back when Sandy was a baby after I was hospitalized for a ruptured appendicitis..... but they are no longer with us.......
It seems you really like the caregivers you have though ...we hired out of the paper instead of an agency...as often times the cost is dramatically reduced...as of now we have no live in caregivers as Gary is not single..but I pay $15 per hour..they are not RN's though..one is a CNA...one is med school student..and one is a paramedic...I hired three to rotate so they could cover for each other if one got ill..or quit..etc..but one at at a time works..and were trained with me on vent cares,,.so all of them know how to efficently perform all cares..Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 10-20-2006 at 05:27 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote