View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
My lavendar made babies! I had one spring up a couple years ago, and this year there's a whole patch of little ones. i'm so proud!

I found a new plant - Delphinium Laurin. I've grown Delphiniums before but not this variety. It has the same leaves, but the flowers resemble a columbine, tomato red. Supposed to attract hummingbirds.

I'm also doing my first hostas - never had enough shade for em before. Found another camanula - now I have 3 varieties, all different sizes. The dahlias are starting to get leaves and the veggie garden is in. Whew.

I still have the whole back fence area to weed and prune and mulch, but I'm getting there. The granddaughter planted my whiskey barrel with a spike and pink petunias. The kid is a natural.
I love Hostas. I am doing two hosta beds for clients right now and will be putting some in my front bed that faces North. I pulled out some Oregon Grape and two Rhoddies that didn't make it (they just don't do well here).

That particular Delphinium is absolutely gorgeous!

I pruned my lavendar way back this year and it's doing great! It was about 4' high and was blocking the yarrow from getting water. So, off with it's head! It's shooting back up again! And the yarrow is happy!

Not quite time to plant my pots yet, another week or so and I will be putting in my 12' long planter box on my deck! Can't wait!

Nice to see you again Brain!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote