View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 02:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cushings and steriods

Hi all,
I have a bit of a silly question, but I need to ask:

I've been on pred now since Nov 2007. Started at 60 mg every second day, increased to 60mg daily Jan 2008 and just started to reduce my dose by 5 mg every second day a couple of weeks ago. I have experienced most of the side effects including "moonface" (I call myself an Oompa-Loompa), some weight gain, the hump-type deposit at the back of my neck, and the dark red stretch marks (notably on my lower back and inside legs - not great for the upcoming bathng suit season but Oh Well!!).

My question is this: I knew to expect the swelling of my face etc, should I go to my doctor and let her know I am experiencing the other Cushings symptoms or is it just normal to experience them when you are taking the steriods? I hate bothering doctors etc because I know there are so many who are worse off than me! Any advice you guys could give me would be great!

Also, if you wanted to add on your experiences of coming off Pred (ie. how long it took for your swelling to reduce, any other importnat info) I would appreciate that as well!

Have a good day!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote