View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 02:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you so much I could not agree more, the problem is my old pain dr does not give any break thru meds and will only prescibe for instance no more then 50 mg of the fential patch, or no more then 40 mg of oxy or ms contin and this is for the duration you see him. So I'm on 20 mg of oxy three x aday and also he just added zanaflex at night. He said that was the max he will give me. While this amount was giving some relief with my back and feet problems it is doing nothing for my new neck problems I'm having. It just really depressed me because I'm hurting so bad and I feel he is not listening to me. My daily life has changed so drasticlely since this happened to me. I can no longer play with my kids ,even just turning my neck causes so much pain I sometimes cry out. I know I will need to have surgery to take the pressure off my spinal cord but I just did not expect a pain dr to leave me in such pain. IHe did at least give me ultram to go with my oxy this last month and it has helped some. I go to my new pain dr next week and to tell you the truth I am a little nervous.
Oh and also please be careful with the Topamax..I took that for about a year and at first it helped but by the end it totally changed my personalty for the worst and gave me sucidal thoughts! I got off of it and with in a week I was back to my old self.
balmygirl3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote