View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your responses Silverlady and Glenntaj.

Just a clarification of why I might want Dr. Jones to give me his opinion on the test even though I was told it was “normal.” The m.d. who originally ordered the test while very nice and very willing to speak with me by phone strikes me as less thorough and less “engaged” than Dr. Jones and I would have liked to keep seeing Jones. Moreover, Jones seemed to want me to switch to his care and was very interested in the outcome of the bone scan.

As far as there being a greed factor involved, I doubt it. Jones has a thriving practice (I had to wait 4 months for an app’t.) I don't know if I could get another appointment without having a 2 or 3 month wait.

I think faxing might have worked better. I wish I had thought of that. The other side of this is that I might seem like a stalker if I now fax him with the same request!!

Re: HIPPA....if I'm the person (patient) emailing, isn't that granting the md implicit consent to release the info to me? I like the idea of presenting a letter which grants specific consent. It cuts out all the paperwork involved when you want other docs to get your medical records, etc. Thanks for the suggestion Glenntaj.
antonina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote