View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm probably speaking totally out of turn here Jeff..and I certainly don't mean to offend you or anyone else..
But$5,000 a month for live -in cares seems awful high to me...I know you like your caregivers alot..and your son has an almost sibling type of relationship with them...but I'm sure he cares much more about you..
Anyone can be trained to do the cares..with Gary's medical history I wanted someone at least somewhat experienced in the medical field .but I don't hire RN's..as day to day unless he needs to be in a hospital ..I really don't need that level of skill..
I have zero family in town ..no parents..siblings husband is military...he has no siblings to help..his mother is only surviving parent she's almost blind at 78 and has her own needs for care....but if I have an emergency a caregiver..will stay for $7.50 an hour if all they have to do is suction...at night I sleep..almost 8 hrs..only every now and again do I have to get up and suction when the vent alarms he coughed...
I have a lower back problem and do no heavy lifting..when I say our caregivers can literally do everything they can...iwhen I am very sick any of them can take over...
I absolutely agree though Medicare and Medicaid coverage needs to be expanded....Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 10-20-2006 at 08:17 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote