Thread: Update on me..
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 08:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update on me..

Hi all! Well, my blood work showed up really good. I have no arthritis, I am happy about that. So, my doctor said everthing I have been going through is all RSD related. I have been having a lot of pain, so he upped my fentanyl patch from 75MCG to 100 Mcg. This is the highest there is on this patch! I haven't got the prescription filled for that yet, as my pharmacy that deals with my Insurance does not have them in until this Tuesday. He also put me on 2 doeses of clonidine, instead of the one pill I take at bedtime, I take one in the morning too. I also am on another prescription, called amitriptylin 10 Mg. It is an antidpressant and it's also used for pain?? I never heard of this?? Hmmmm.. He also said I will get a good night's sleep, as this will make me tired. Well, I took it and it takes around 4 hours to make me tired. I am weird!! LOL
Anyway, he is now talking about the spinal cord stimulator, just like my old Dr. did!! I am scared to have this done and I know I shouldn't be, being this pain is pure hell! I am sick of telling everyone who asks what is RSD?? I just say now, look it up online. My one sister asked me if it was genetic? I know that I asked this question before about getting the SCS, but will it take all of my pain away? I want to get off my percocett for break through pain and be weened off this fentanyl. He already took me off one dose of the Gabapentin. Instead of taking 600 MG three times a day, I take this twice a day. My friend told me one day, when I was feeling sorry for myself, to buy a notebook and for everytime I was feeling sorry for myself, write down five thing's that I am thankful for. Man, you all should see that book now! lot's of thing's that I am VERY thankful for. So, this helps me.
The Dr. also told me that, when my blood was drawn, that there was no lupus, no gout. Everthing looked really well, he said. I asked him how come my blood pressure has been up, as of late? I said could it be from this pain that I am having? He said yes. So, this is where I am at right now. Well, going to go and feel sorry for myself, hide under the covers, then write some thing's that I am thankful for. I know that I am thankful for all of you. Yes, I'll write that in my notebook, after I am done with my pity party. Well, going to go back to my cave, LOL~Love, Desi(Diane)
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (05-19-2008)