Thread: TOS and SSDI
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Finz
I think so much ahs to do with filling out the application relating to how your life has changed, how you are no longer able to do the job that you had, that your unable to do productive employment.

Trick questions like do you dress your self...typically it is yes, BUT there is more explanation to give, loose fitting, no buttons, no ironing, easy wear. Some days you do not dress....What ver the truth is, paint the picture. About doing house work; you can kick the laundry to the washer and fill it, but it is tough and request someone to place it to the dryer, to carry dryed items upsteps, that rarely do folding, use to repair items, now there is a ton of needed repairs to be donw. To do the floors, you wipe up spotsbut it is extremly painful causing a flare to scrub the floor with a mop.

That pleasure time does not exsist to bowl, flea markets, shopping you can not stand in line, get a small order in a smaller store, can no longer shop for the week, someone else has to. Have not socialized, have had to cancel engagments from flared pain. (Biggest social activity last winter was trip to ER)

Can not stand, walk,carry, hold to phone more then momentarily, not blow dry hair, have cut it, someone else vacuums, use to do it several times a week, now lucky to have it done once a month if someone is available, or it take several breaks to do it...

Meals are frozen entrees, easy fix, take out No longer bake or make homestly meals.
The idea is, if they think that the picture you paint is that you are hurting but with a modified job that you can work that is what they decide.
Tell how the can of soda or dinner plate fall, (can;t do Mickey D work or hostesing)

You wnt to make it clear how the little things make flares, like using the phone then they understand you could not work for a call center type work as you can not hold the phone or use hands.

Basically any job that you need to use your hands, lift, do anything repeptatively.

Also, the medications that restrict you from driving, side effects, innatativeness, fatigue. Do not know when you could have a day that feel better, would frequently ahve to call off.
Cna not stand, push, pull, and what happens if you do.
That kind of ideas. It is not just about lifting a phone, or sitting as a cash register. IF someone needed assistance you could not give it. You would be a liability to carry a tray of water, or a glass of coffee. You would be a liabity that you could not even open the dang door to get into the work place!!!!!

Sucks they think a light duty would be Ok..
I can tell you I am not as severe as many here, but I could not do police work anymore, security was not an option as they are not watch persons anymore they are enforceable persons and stand to patrol and protect, so I had to retrain.
even with doing light duty, 2 4 hour days is exhausting for me....
I guess you can get what I am saying, paint the picture of a day in your life really specific.
Send releases for every condition, even asthma, depression, heart or any non tos medical problem. I actually got my SSDI for my knee (multiple injury/surgeries) not TOS.
tAKE CARE GOOD LUCK,
DI
PS I was awarded first time in 6 weeks, I was in school at the time retraining. My son applied and has pituatary tumors in the brain, spine annular tears, TOS bilaterial, and shoulder injuries, migraine from the pit tum...he was denied said he could do security work.
He got an attorney for a hearing.Making sure he updates all the information including the shoulder/collar bone surgery in Dec.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (05-19-2008)