Thread: Please pray
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 11:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sad to hear about...

your friend Art, chasmo.
A quick word about "great people", if I may:
"Some people are considered "great people", and "good friends".
Of course, the lifetime of the average "great person" (as described by another "great person"), is not long, but filled with many more "good deeds" than otherwise. If you were moved to ask our PD group to "pray for" Art, Chasmo; then I believe, that this person must have been an "exceptional" person; amongst the world's X billions of people.
What constitutes a "great person"? Is it that they think and react to, and empathize more for their fellow human being than the majority of others? Is it that they would put saving not their own life before that of a stranger? Is it that in difficult times, they choose to comfort their fellows, even though they are perhaps more concerned and fearful of the difficult situation that they are in themselves? Are they "there" for others, when most have abandoned these "others"?. Such people are not "selfish"; such people are not greedy; such people are unwavering in their convictions , which are usually correct; such people are what makes one "Ask for prayers for" by their good friends, when it is time that the scale of life's tragedies swing their way.
I know that I can't help your friend Chasmo, but i will, in my mind, hope that whatever is to be his fate, occurs in the most "humanely" way as possible. If that is a prayer, then I will pray for his soul; that it will, when time comes, re-enter the void where we all came from; and the scale of "human worth" will show that your friend will be judged as a "Champion amongst people"
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chasmo (05-18-2008), Thelma (05-19-2008)