View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hmm...every neuro is different...

First, Twinkle - that was funny!

Second, Quix, thanks for the post. I have seen the chart many times...and each time I see it, I am reminded that I do not fit the criteria for MS - according to McDonald.

I was diagnosed the first day I went to the neuro in January. I thought I had a pinched nerve in my face....neuro originally told me he thought that I had had a stroke (I was 31)...he sent me immediately for an MRI and MRA. He called two hours later to tell me that I had MS. No probable, no possible...it was definite.

There are times I just wonder why some people have such a hard time getting a diagnosis. Of course, I'm not a neuro. Part of me wishes my dx did not come so "easily" or quickly....but then again, I started copaxone 10 days after my dx....and stopped that and started Tysabri and have had two infusions so far. My current goal right now is to be seen at Johns Hopkins for HiCy. I have been told that I'm a solid candidate and am now waiting for my initial appointment to go meet the docs.

Anyhow, I digress... my main point, I think, was: why do all neuros view this differently? I know the dx of MS involves many factors and there is no one test to dx it definitively.... it is just so strange sometimes. I think, well what if I had one of the doctors that some of the limbo-landers had? I'd probably be w/o a dx right now... and that I would not stand for....I dunno. It's just crazy.

But then again...I have holes in my brain, so what do I know?!

~Keri
RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-19-2008)