View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 01:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
No, no GJ, we don't want your arm to fall off! Take the nice doctor two all-beef patties with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun, to help him recognize the McDonald criteria.
Am I just in a hilarious mood, or are there really more hilariously brilliant posts here than usual tonight?

Excellent memory on that jingle, Twinkletoes, although I think there was an "onions" after "pickles," n'est-ce pas?

Can you imagine a National Limbolanders Take Your Doctor a Hamburger Day, when we'd all march into our neuro's office at lunchtime with a McDonald's sack and ask them to go over the criteria for us? (Otherwise they won't get their hamburger, and then they'll be really sorry.)

Hey, if pharmaceutical reps can get the doctor's attention by bringing in free food, why not limbolanders too?

You know what? I think we patients should make up our own criteria with respect to doctors.

1. Doctors' thinking about the patient's case must not be disseminated in space and time. In other words, doctors must not be spacy, and they must be timely in their diagnosis.

2. A minimum of nine doctors in five separate locations are required to confirm a diagnosis of "the patient is just nuts." At least one of these doctors must be a psychiatrist.

3. A lumbar puncture is not required. However, it may be allowed if it makes the patient feel better to punch the doctor from behind as the doctor hurriedly leaves the room.*

*Just kidding, folks! I do not advocate violence!

I'm sure there were more criteria; can anyone think of the rest of them?

Nancy T.
Nancy T is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Foggy Brain (05-19-2008), hollym (05-19-2008), Quixotic1 (05-22-2008), SallyC (05-19-2008), tante (05-19-2008), Twinkletoes (05-19-2008)