View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tina your so sweet Thank you for sharing.
Yes those are among the sites I searched when I was looking into it a bit over a year ago. I was told for me, I would need the motor cortex stimulator ..I did a lot of research. Have you ever seens pictures of the MCS surgery? The cons outweighed the good.
I dont' relish another brain surgery, but more than that...the results were not all that great for TN. I guess at this stage in my life and pain, I am tired of being a gunea pig.

By that I mean.....I did everything, tried everything that was asked me. Anything that I was told could help with my pain, I did. I was told the MVD had a huge success rate, and yet here I sit worse off now than I was before any of the surgeries. I just feel that the MCS does not have enough research behind it, for me to be willing to task yet more risks.

Now the Peripheral Nerve Stimulation doesn't seem as bad surgery wise. It does have success with occipital neuralgia, so I am willing to try it. I of course will again try to nerve blocks first, and hope for a better success rate.

Thank you for all your help, and I am glad you have found relief Tina, though sorry it hasn't taken away your pain and you still have to suffer
Take care Nikki

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote