Thread: Tramadol
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmygirl3 View Post
That is very scary my dr has added it to my oxy three x aday 50 to 100 mg!! I have been taking it because i'm in so much pain and it has helped some with the oxy. Now I'm a little scared to keep taking it. Were you taking any other opiod with the ultram? I'm just wondering if you quit all of the pain meds when you had the w/d from the ultram.
No, I was not taking any other pain med at the time. My doctor had my stop the Tramadol due to the seizure risk associated with taking it with Wellbutrin, which is the only antidepressant the works well for me....and I needed to start back on it after being off it for a couple of years. He tried giving me Darvocet to help with my pain and the withdrawals but it did not help. I eventually just suffered through the withdrawals. It was a very horrible experience.

Then in July, I had an infection around my heart and was eventually diagnosed with a rare illness. (It is a long story and a I won't bore you with the long details!) This illness causes a lot of pain and I'm now on Oxycontin 20mg 3X daily. I'm also on Topamax 200 mg daily. We're still trying to get all of my pain issues figured out because I have some pain that is neuropathic and some that is not. The neuropathic pain does not respond well to narcotics. I tried Lyrica but it makes me feel like I am extremely drunk. So, we are still working on it.

I have learned that Tramadol does not affect everyone the same but I would hate for anyone to experience what I did. If you are going to continue your Oxy, then it probably wouldn't affect you negatively since you will continue to have a pretty high dose of narcotics in your system. But I can't tell you that with absolute certainty. Just be careful! Do your research and know the facts. (Google Tramadol and/or Ultram and read about it.) A lot of doctors do not even know there is a problem with dependence and withdrawal from this medication. Just be educated. Good luck and I hope you get your pain under control.

Blessings,

WAR EAGLE!!

~♥~ADDYSON~♥~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote