View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Vowel Lady,

I was dx'd with insulin resistance back in Feb. The doc put me on Metformin but I could not tolerate the full dose so I take a lower dose with my largest meals.

I also introduced a complex suplement called metaglycemx from metagenics. Its for insulin activity and glucose levels. It has several thinsg that they say are good for insulin resistance like chromium (a cofactor in insulin's ability to bind to insulin receptr sites and regulate blood sugar), alpha lipoic acid (antioxidant to help in the production of energy for cells) and cinnamon. I take two of these metaglycemx a day.

Other peple take stand alone supplements like the alpha lipoic acid. They have a newer one called R lipoic acid which you dont need as much of.

Some others take cinnamon capsules to help control sugar. Not the stuff in the baking aisle but in the supplement area. The cinnamon in the baking aisle can have impurities and over time not be good for you. The supplements are more pure.

I am sure some others will be along to offer suggestions.

Can I ask have you been dx'd with insulin resistance? Would you care to share your results? I am happy to share mine.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (05-21-2008)