View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 08:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel for all PALS regardless of income who's finances are depleted by this disease..
I'm sure many PALS would look at Hawking and think if only I had that much money..but he earned it...then there are PALS who are completely destitute who have nothing...and that makes us feel somewhat grateful...as regardless of their income before the disease..no one deserves to be abandoned by the system...it should never come down to I can't afford to survive any longer...
Some countries like Denmark provide alot more care ...and some provide much less..
But, I do feel more aid should come to PALS...both in the manner of research and the manner of healthcare...
We are not wealthy...but we were fortunate than many..and fortunate to have fairly extensive coverage for his needs..some PALS have much more..many have much less...
I pay for this highest level of care I can reasonably afford...in my husbands case..as he deserves the best I can give him...as I know he'd do the same for me...
I would like to see the day when all PALS receive the care they deserve...if it comes out of taxpayers pockets so be it in my opinion ..either society can pay for the cure or the care...how much do states spend on putting PALS in nursing homes on a vent once their finances are depleted?..wouldn't it be much cheaper to pay for cares inside the home..training of less medically qualified people...? I never minded paying taxes for those less fortunate before Gary had the disease and I sure don't now,,but I'd like to see those dollars go to better use...to keep PALS in their homes..
I do feel for you Jeff...as I do not know the pain of divorce.. nor of having the pain of losing abilities due to this disease...I could not imagine what you are going through as a single parent facing this disease..hang in there...Lisa

Last edited by lisag; 10-20-2006 at 09:32 PM.
lisag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote