View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Advertisers Gone Too Far

I don't watch much TV but we were watching something - don't remember what but a commercial for K-Y came on. (The one with a man and woman sitting on a bed talking about their lifestyle.) I didn't really pay much attention to it but DDs did.

DD18 asked me what that was. OMG! I've always been as honest as I can about sex without going in to details and such. But to have to sit there and think how the heck do I explain this to DD18 and DD16 stumped me. They know the basics but to have to explain additives. So, I told them the truth, it was a sex kind of thing/lubricant.

DD18 freaked out. She was horrified that they would advertise on TV and don't they know that kids watch TV, and it's prime time TV. . .on and on she went in a small rant. At the end of her horrified rant she said, "Mom, I thought it was a technical thing. You know, like a new kind of PDA or cellphone." LOL. The good news is that neither of DDs knew what it was.

What is up with these kinds of commercials?
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (05-19-2008), Jappy (05-19-2008), KarenMarie (05-19-2008), SallyC (05-19-2008), sugarboo (05-20-2008), Twinkletoes (05-20-2008)