View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
Yipes, I've had a few near misses at work lately! My desk chair is on wheels/casters and I've almost fallen as I've tried to maneuver my unbalanced self onto a moving chair.

I've been attempting to compensate by backing the thing against the file cabinet, and trying to hold it in place while I sit, meanwhile trying to remember to back myself into position so that I sit without first leaning against it. Sounds complicated? Well, it is.

What I'm wondering is, where would one find desk chairs with locking casters? Or an adjustable height desk chair WITHOUT wheels? I'm not even sure what to google. It could be a desk chair, a task chair, a drafting chair. Anybody got any ideas?

Is their a plastic/type pad on the floor under the chair? We had one that was really slippery for the chair and it would shoot out. Now we have some that are made by Rubbermaid that we got at the office supply store and they work great. No more slick, slippery surfaces for the chair to shoot out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote