View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help You are all worth excellent care.

The never-ending disaster of the US health care system and workman's comp.
HI. I am an RN in the mist of a two-year saga of cervical spine injury, surgery, etc.

A word of advice: never, ever let any health care professional speak to you in any way that is abusive or disrespectful. "baby"? Unbelievable. If this is your doctor, etc. - fire them. A nurse, etc. in a hospital - ask to speak to the house supervisor. Communication between your health care provider and you is Critical in this badly fragmented health care system. You must feel free to talk, ask questions, be heard. You deserve it. In a economic system where workers are disposable commodities, you must stick-up for yourself. If you don't, and you are not subsequently thrown under the bus, you are lucky.

Many wonder why litigation is so prevalent in our society and health care in particular. It is one of the few remaining checks and balances in existence to protect the little guy. You cannot depend on the ethics of health care industries and those who serve them. Count only on the profit motive.

The things I've seen in 20 years of nursing are unbelievable.

Please be aware, all professional health care providers are governed by Standards. These can be hard to find, but worth the effort. Any deviation from the Standards is worthy of a conversation with an attorney.

I would be very interested in the content of the exam that netted a cursory pat on the head and a script for Percoset.

Good health and peace
annietrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote