View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, Beth, don't feel bad. My older son graduated last year. First I melted a hole in the gown with the iron just like you. I had to buy a replacement gown for a ridiculous amount of money.

Thinking that I was really smart, I put the new gown in the dryer on the lowest setting. I went back to pull it out 15 minutes later, only to find a melted wad of royal blue plastic. Aarrrgh!!!! I was totally in tears but my boys thought it was the funniest thing they ever saw. Looking back on it now, I can laugh too.

Tkirk is right!!! Do not put it in the dryer. I don't know what they make these gowns of these days but it is not a natural fiber. I swear it is some kind of a coated plastic. The trick is to hang it on a hanger and place it in your bathroom while the shower is going so that some of the wrinkles steam out.

There I was the day before the grad driving, 45 miles each way, to the distribution center to pick up yet another gown. And of course I had to pay for it yet again.

It is a stressful time so try to take care of yourself. I came down with a full blown case of ON a couple days after the graduation. I am sure the stress contributed. I am glad that you were able to get another gown. Your son's high school seems to be much better prepared than ours was.
Pacifica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bannet (05-20-2008), Blessings2You (05-19-2008), tkrik (05-19-2008)