View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 06:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Honestly ready to give up the fight

Hi all

I just wanted to say Thanks to all my friends on here for being so wonderful and caring. I know I haven't kept up too well with the responses but I'm having a rough time with things and not doing so well. I spent the entire day crying and I just don't know where the day went. I totally lost track of time!

I received my MRI report today in the mail. Of course the Doctor didn't tell me everything other than my situation is "potentially very serious". I was given an appt with the Neurosurgeon Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. They are making a special time to see me. I wonder how much time they will actually give though. 2 Surgeons are on vacation and this one has emergency surgeries all day.

I called the Doc today and asked for explanation of my results. It's not good. Here is what they found

There is a small HEMANGIOMA within T11 (spinal tumor).

A minimal disc bulge is appreciated at T8-T9

There is a left paracentral disc protrusion deforming the left anterolateral aspect of the cord at T10-T11. This is causing mild central canal narrowing.

Mild Scoliosis of the Thoracic Spine

Atelectatic changes are noted in the dependent portions of the lungs. (fluid building up in lungs)

My PT said I'm a real mess and the fluid in the lungs is probably from the TOS surgery. I haven't been able to do therapy and I have restricted air flow due to the disc herniation.

I am so upset because I was all set to start college courses for the summer term today. I received grants and aid but had to withdrawl from everything. They had to completely cancel everything so I wouldn't be responsible for paying back aid money. I put so much time and work into it and everything is just gone. I was also set for the fall term. Now I will have to re apply and re test if I want to do this again. I don't know if I will be able too ...depends on whether I'm fixable I guess. I don't know anymore.

I hate my life. Nothing goes right for me at all. I'm so tired. Very very tired!

Thanks again my friends...

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tshadow (05-23-2008)