View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 10:13 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
but to be honest this summarises an approach to politics to which i cannot relate.

IMHO, the whole Bush era has represented a style of government which is largely alien to most EU countries and I hope that this gap can be bridged in the future for the sake of medicine, politics and science.

I don't wish to spark a debate (or be barred from BT2), however I fear for science and the wasted opportunities over the past 2 presidencies.

Hope I don't upset anyone, (puts on flame suit).

Aftermathman.
You don't offend me truly - but it doesn't tell me enough. What is it that we do? Iraq is so frightening and I don't know the answer, but could you explain what else? It can't be religion, because we are erasing ours while these leaders that hate us so much in the middle east are fanatics. We accommodate people from all over the world, and we don't threaten to erase countries from the map. We are a military presence, but would you rather we lose? Would you rather America become something entirely different?

Or is it all about business? Stock market breaking records...........Negotiating sounds good, but it's politically tainted so you don't know who is telling the truth.

I think we are allowed to do this here but we may be supposed to have it in one forum only.[social chat?] I haven't read the rules here yet I confess but think we are allowed to have civilized debate here.
if one of the mods is reading maybe they would answer since i'm too lazy to read the rules.

sleepy,
Paula
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote