View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was on that for about 4 years, it seemed to help a little, but the side effects were so severe at the end, I almost lost half my foot because I didn't have any feeling in my extremities, and my nose, face, and cheeks....
The lists of what I've tried is endless, I'm depression isn't causing my migraines... Not feeling well is depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Denise

You should see the list of meds I am on...your's doesn't scare me at all!

I started taking Topamax for my migraines in 2002 and it has been a life saver for me. Nothing else has ever worked. It's bad when you walk into the ER and the entire staff knows you by your first name and immediately puts you in a room! I discovered that vomit gets their attention quicker than blood!! LOL!

I actually drove myself to the ER once from school and they drugged me up, let me sleep for about 2 hours and then wouldn't let me drive myself home! How uncool was that! My husband was an airline pilot and on a 3-day trip...now how was I supposed to get home? I figured it out but it took me 2 more days to get my car home...silly people...geez, it was just a bunch of drugs!

Anyway, I know that "T" has worked very well for me and I've only had one breakthrough migraine and that was my fault thinking I could titrate down on the dose! I am on 200mg x 2. That's my dose...not more, not less. I also take 5 MeQs of Urocit-K to counteract the acidosis it causes and make sure I drink plenty of water (kidney stones is one of the side effects).

I hope you find some relief...if you want to try to "T", make darn sure you follow the titration closely because you will not be happy if you don't.
Start at night and up each dose at night.

Denise
dkcw1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote