View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 01:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

To be honest that "half and half" analogy actually makes some sense to me!! I've always had symptoms in my face, especially double vision and ptosis but since going on the steroiods my chewing has gotten WAY worse. I thought it was strange that I was experiencing MORE weakness in my face when everything else seems to be improving. I'm a teacher so facial weakness is not good (well, no weakness is good) but I spend a lot of time talking and somedays I struggle! I'm so lucky I'm still able to work though -must remember to count my blessings!!

It seems possible my top half is affected by the steriods in a negative way and lower half a positive way - just the opposite of what your dr suggested about you! I agree that the steriods are a terrible drug, but they have helped me a lot. I just wish there was another way to experience the benefits without the horrid side-effects. I didn't realise there would be pain associated either!! The doctors sure didn't advertise that aspect of the medication!

I'm hoping my legs co-operate and hold me up today!! My class and I are going on a nature hike. I've got my cane, but it is still stressful to think about what could happen.

Anyways, I'm rambling on... Thanks again! Hope you have a good day.
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rumpled (05-20-2008)