View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chronic Pain Can Be So Undignifying!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm.., your thinking what??? That doesn't make much sense, but after I tell you of my day yesterday, I bet it will.

Since last Wedneday my pain levels in my legs from my hips to my toes started bothering me more than usual. By Sunday I was a total mess!

So I decided to go to my primary care doctor who I haven't been to in a while but I hadn't the need to go until now. So I get there at 11:00. First they tell me they have no records of me ever being seen at this clinic. Second, they said they never heard of me and had never seen me before.

Now this is not a small community and I wouldn't expect them to remember everyone regardless but I was just there 6 months ago with shingles.

Well I didn't go there to get meds, I had plenty. I just wanted to know why my pain levels could be so aggravated and why I was sweating 24/7.

It took me 40 minutes at least just to get it through there heads that I was not looking for drugs. I wanted to thump them at that point. So 30 minutes after that they tell me I will need to go to the emergency room because they are just a clinic, and they cannot give out the kinds of drugs I take. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I was not looking for drugs dang it! They made me feel embarrased and almost ashamed of myself for even going there.

So. Now I am at the emergency room. 4 count em 4 hours later I finally get in to see a doctor. I'll be danged if he didn't treat me the same way. And....Ready for this????

According to the ER Doc RSD and CRPS are two totally different problems. I could have sworn that CRPS is the new name for RSD because now RSD is found to be REGIONAL rather than coralled into one area.

He tells me...READY? "Well sir you definitely do not have RSD because if you did you would only have it in one part of the body". "It is impossible for RSD to affect the upper as well as the lower extremities at the same time".

I was over it. Ugly and frustrated and tired of being patronized all day and made to feel like nothing more than a two bit junkie...I LEFT.

Simple as that. I just walked out. Undignified is how I felt all day.

What do we have to do to get the same respect as everyone else who is in need of proper health care? Would somebody please tell me?

Well I did what any "Undignified Drug Seeker" suffering from severe pain would do.

I GOT DRUNK!!!! Yuppers I felt so good last night I didn't give a Rat's ***** about pain or doctors. Of course today I have a headache from hell, but my legs feel better! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Chin Up!! Best to All, Mark

"MY MOMMA SAID THERE'D BE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!
ATallOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (05-22-2008), Twinkletoes (05-21-2008)