Thread: disability????
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have learned one thing through my years of battle and that is the SSA does not usually follow their own criteria that they spend so much time and money having written up as guidlines. Sorry for the sarcasm but I really have lost most of my respect for government agencies.

I will mention that depending on your circumstances, you may be able to file for SSI. For that, you do not need work credits but financial need. It seems to me (from what I have been reading about people and their success stories) is that SSI is approved more often and in less time than regular SS. Maybe the monies come from a different fund, I am not sure.

Anyway, if I were you , I would certainly give it a try. You should be able to check the ssa website to see if financially you would qualify to apply. They would take into consideration your family income and size.

It certainly does not have anything to do with whether or not you have had two hospitals stays! That would be nice though.

If you meet criteria for SSI then you would also get state medical benefits. In our state its called medicaid.

You have nothing to lose by trying except messing with a bunch of paperwork! I say go for it.
gamgam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote