Thread: Tramadol
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~ADDYSON~♥~ View Post
Peter,

I took Tramadol for quite a while and it was a huge blessing for me. It really helped control the pain. However, I started having some issues with depression and I needed to go back on my Wellbutrin. Well, Wellbutrin and Tramadol apparently don't mix due to the risk of seizures. So my doctor said I had to come off the Tramadol in order to take the Wellbutrin. Let me tell you, I had THE worst withdrawal symptoms of my life! I had withdrawn from narcotics before and it wasn't pleasant but this was 100X worse than anything I have ever withdrawn from before. I went into the worst depression I've ever experienced and even had thoughts of suicide. I've never felt like that before, or since, in my life. There was also significant physical pain, not just in the areas where I generally have pain.

Tramadol is touted as being a non-narcotic pain reliever. I have worked in family medicine for many years and I have seen it given out like candy because of that fact. But I am here to tell you that it is dangerous stuff...in some cases. I understand that some people can take it and stop it without any problems and I am very glad that it works well for some. But I just want to caution you about it. I never took more than the recommended dosage. In fact, I never took more than 50mg twice a day. I weaned off of it like my doctor instructed me to, but I still experienced significant w/d symptoms.

So, I just encourage you to be careful with how you take it and be prepared if you decide to stop it. Good luck to you.
Hi addyson, I was aware of some of the problems experienced by Tramadol users, and thought it would be a good idea to let others know of their experiences with it, so I started this thread.
Sometimes I take none, then 2 or 3 or more, then back to one, and I don't seem to have any adverse effects from this daily variation.
My wife took one and had hallucinations, and as a nurse she has seen many bad reactions to it, especially with older patients.

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote