View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is so sad. Really, it breaks my heart at how people are treated in what is supposed to be a civilized country. What is happening to the medical community?? And just simple empathy for someone that is suffering?

I know from being in the medical field (when I was able to work) that you have to develop a frame of mind so that you can handle all the bad things you see. But since when do people who are suppose to care for others just stop caring at all? I have nurses in my family as well and we discuss this attitude often. I plead with them to please do not let yourself become so uncaring. When you feel yourself getting that way, I think its time to get another job.

I know exactly what you are talking about and I will not go to the ER at all. I do not feel I am mentally stable enough to be treated that way. I am just being honest here. I have already dealt with the treatment of the degrading drug seeker when you have done nothing to warrant that kind of treatment. It makes me ashamed to even tell anyone that I have chronic pain.....especially doctors! Isn't that pathetic?

I do not have any answers but I do have many concerns for all of us.
gamgam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote