View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Beth - Oh man! Hang in there May will be over soon enough.

A true story to put a smile on your face.

When DDs were 2 and 3 we needed to move. Long story - skipping details. At the daycare center that they were at there was a doll that DD was extremely attached to. They had been at this particular daycare for over a year and this doll was DDs constant companion from the time I dropped her off to the time I picked her up. In the morning when we got there she would go and get this doll from where she had left it (bundled by her and in the "crib" she placed her in) and then go sit with the other kids for breakfast. When I came to pick her up, she wrapped the doll and placed it in the crib for the night.

Again, due to circumstances we needed to get out of that town as well as the state quickly. The daycare center was awesome and so caring and sensitive to our needs. On the last day that DDs were there, they gave this doll to DD16 as they knew how important this doll was to her and felt that it would be great for her to have on our risky journey.

Shortening story - we didn't get far. We ended up at my parents. My mom being the sweet loving grandma decided that "baby" needed a bath and put the doll in the washer and then the dryer. This was a no, no. The hair on the doll melted!!! LOL. I attached a picture of what the doll SHOULD look like.

DD16 still has the doll and we all laugh about it every time the subject is brought up. Beth, you too will end up laughing about this some day, in time. Take a deep breath. Everything will be fine.

Last edited by tkrik; 06-07-2008 at 05:43 PM.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-20-2008)