View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Should I be freaking out?

Hi all,
For the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing dizzy spells accompanied by what I call "zingers", it compares to the feeling of getting an electrical shock only it involves my whole head and down my arms to my fingertips. I have tapered off and quit lexapro over a month ago, having done a slow two month taper, which I read would be one explaination. The other one I read about is M.S., which is what I don't want to hear at all. I've never had an MRI throughout my PN history, blood work, emgs but never an MRI. If I take half of a 1mg. ativan it quiets the zings for about three hours and they come right back.....I left work early today because every time I move my head or stand up I get zapped pretty good. I also do very poorly in warm/hot weather so this last weekend was very hard on me, sapped my energy and made the dizziness, zingy very pronounced.
I just called my neuro's office to move my appointment up, I was doing so well he didn't want to see me until mid July, the best they can do it June 13th. In the meantime I see my rheumy and my pain & spine doc tomorrow, hopefully one of them can shed some light on this or I'll get into see my primary dr. if I need to. I almost went back on lexapro, but I thought "no, I want less, not more meds in my life" so I have held off.
Anyone out there that can relate this to progression of Pn or anything else? I almost started crying yesterday when I read the M.S. symptoms and then I told myself to knock it off, don't self diagnose (not very good at it anyway!)
Thanks-Janna

Oh Mel, I just read about that little girl the died from a fentanyl overdose, why would anyone do that to a child, my heart is breaking for that little one. Can we make "stupid" a crime?
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote