View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 07:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My MIL has been critical of me from the beginning. Chris and I have never done things "right". We got married 4 mo. after we met. She said we were stupid for that, but we knew... and in Dec. we'll have been married 5 years. I know that doesn't sound long, but when you have a MIL voting against you from the get-go, I feel HAPPY! She also thinks we are raising our kids wrong... God forbid we discipline (she still doesn't and my 19 y.o. BIL runs things. Drives me nuts) and I never have a job that is good enough to her, don't make enough money, I put too much burden on Chris (he has to work too much, get up too early, and she couldn't understand why he would want to marry a diabetic). The list just never ends. But when she compares us to Chris' biochemist brother and his wife, who started dating in high school and dated for 7 years before they married, and have perfectly healthy (but bratty) children, we really look like white trash. But we are happy and that is what matters. So, when she said I couldn't go to school, work and take care of the kids, I said "really, we'll see" and off I went to study. HA!
MegNJaxMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote