Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Howard, I just replied to your email too and will quote some of my reply here for general information
Quote:
if the Newsletter doesnt have a section attached that warns about copyright then it should be ok to post. If it warns that it is copyrighted then the author might complain.

it is such a fine line and we have taken a real relaxed approach to it unless we know for sure there is copyright....eg many Newspapers, research journals etc and then we have just been PMing members to add attribution/links etc.

so I would say provided your newsletter doesnt specifically warn of copyright violation, then it is ok. You did give the author's name. May be a good idea in future to place the copied piece in the quote tags to distinguish it from your own words
we really dont want to be seen as "copyright police" nor to hamper the excellent info that is posted here so often.

unless we know for sure that there is a definite copyright infringement, we take a "wait see if anyone complains" approach, and just PM members who have copied known copyrighted work without attribution/source link etc

We likely wouldnt even have drawn attention to this had we not had some complaints from authors/publications etc. When they complain we have to immediately comply

thanks for checking.....

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (02-12-2009)