View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

HI Donna,

You are not a whimp and you are not whining.

Breaking eating habits is hard and to try to do it in combination with something medically realated is that much tougher.

Yes I have heard of PCOS. And yes it could be related. And PCOS is directly related to insulin resistance (what I mentioned earlier). Matter of fact they sometimes treat PCOS with a drug for insulin resistance. Its important for your doc to do that two hour glucose and insulin test. I tested fine on teh fastng part but two hours later on the second draw it was clear how badly my body was dealing with food and sugar.

And remember estrogen makes us grow. Its stored in fat. So the more fat you have the more estrogen you store. So an estrogen imbalance can throw your metabolism off completely.

I also think you should get tested for thyroid condition. That too can throw your weight and metabolism off. Tell your doc to run a TSH and thrydoi antibodies.

THink of your hormones as a three legged stool. You have your thyroid hormones, sex hormones and adrenal. THey are all connected to your metabolism. If one leg on the stool if off then they all become off. So if the thryoid is off eventually the sex hormones will go off and then the pancreas and insulin (which is a hormone) gets off. Also with excess estrogen you liver can't clear it and it builds up in your body leading to fat storage.

Donna you can count on us to help you. And we will be honest and do our best.

But you need to get with your doc and discuss all of this.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (05-21-2008), Dmom3005 (05-21-2008), dorrie (05-21-2008), Jomar (05-21-2008)