View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Anglwing…you are still a strong person. All these wonderful procedures just make us stronger. Yes it is scary…the unknown is always scary.

As far as the headaches go, after the procedure you should not lay down flat. If you have a recliner sleep in it or do what I did, I propped myself with pillows in my bed. When you are done, they will give you instructions. As I said before I did not experience any headaches.

Is there anyone that could drive you to the hospital…I know having the support of someone there is a great comfort.

Today I get mine…yes, I am not as nervous as I was for the one two weeks ago. Things went very smooth. I am still anxious about tomorrow because it is at a different level…L4-L5…at this level is where so many things are wrong so it might not be as easy for him to find the right nerves…he is even baffled with the mysteries of my lumbar area. I have six lumbar. I have Spina Bifida Occulta affecting my L6 and L5 vertebrae…and more things than I have time to tell you about right now. In addition, I know that there or others who post here that have had much more than I have going on. Doing these injections is mapping out the nerves and hopefully, telling him what nerves are causing all my pain. He does have to go in but he wants to know more before he does. I like him because most docs I have been to are ready to go right to surgery to uncover what is going on, not him.

Well, enough about me…you take care and try not to fret too much. I know that is easy for me to say. I know that we are all experiencing pain…all at different levels…I will never say my pain is more than yours or anyone else’s pain for that fact. We have not walked in each other’s shoes…frankly, I will keep my pain because I have been in pain all my live where my pain is part of a birth effect. I’m very good at hiding my it…it always baffles my friends…family knows better, they can see my pain.

I look at it this way, I was so blessed with a back that makes life interesting and most of all has made so many things possible even in pain. I have met people and experienced things that I would not have if my back was without problems.

You take care my friend!! You’re in my prayers as well…

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote