View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi, Donna,

I'm jumping in after everyone has given you good ideas.
Also have the doc check cortisol levels.

=-=-=-=-
SOME THOUGHTS
=-=-=-=-
I have not really been keeping up with this site so I don't know exactly what you are working on but I gather that the low sugar carb thing is not making you feel good and that you wish you could see some actual weight loss.

=-=-=-=-

I don't have good diet advice except to remind you that Weight Watchers says to eat a ton of fruit and vegetables (has to be a ton!).

When new people join and come a week later to the meeting they say that they have never eaten that much food before. And yet, they loose a good amount of weight the first few weeks.

I don't like fruit really except for maybe watermelon and a rare orange or apple, but I can eat veggies like steamed broccoli.
Do you have a few veggies that you eat?

=-=-=-=-
Another idea:
I have book that I can't find that says that the best way to loose weight is to eat a vegan diet and limited grain. He says that wheat products are a big no no.. He allows only 2-3 small servings a week from animal products. He says to eat a ton of vegetables, both raw and cooked. He allows a few fruits a day -- not many.

I did this diet for about weeks last summer --- no eggs, no milk, no fish, nothing that came from an animal. And no wheat.

It required me to cook my own food -- such hardship!
I ate lentils and peas and beans and nuts for protein. I also ate lots of cut up raw or cooked veggies.
I got take out Cuban beans and rice in my neighborhood.

I lost weight but gave it up for some reason. I think that my work schedule changed and I had a hard time preparing my own food at home. Maybe need to go back and find a system so that I can cook.

=-=-=-=-
I take Verapamil and have to watch out for constipation. So every night I take a teaspoon of Magnesium Citrate in water.
Other drugs probably can cause a change in the way that the body works as well.

=-=-=-=-
Ugh. I have not had a diet soda in 4 years. The aspartame is not good for some people. There are sites on the internet about the way aspartame can interfere with insulin and cause weight gain. I don't know if they are right because I am not a scientist but when I read stuff about aspartame I get yucked out.
So yeah, plain tea is better.

=-=-=-=-
If you can do something like chair yoga and practice deep breathing, you might find a benefit even if you are not doing heavy duty exercising.

=-=-=-=-

As for light headedness, what happens when you lie down and rest? Does that help?

Keep trying and stay on the plan for now.
Even if you are not losing weight, you are eating good foods for yourself and that is important.
Remind yourself of that.

Good luck!
I don't know if any of this will help. Mostly, know that I understand what you are going through and wish that I could help.

Mari

Last edited by Mari; 05-21-2008 at 04:11 AM.
Mari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-21-2008), Dmom3005 (05-21-2008)