Old 05-21-2008, 03:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Hi Tamiloo,

I had 3 epidurals in my lumbar. Each one helped a little. Not enough though.

At the time they said you can only have 3 a year.

Then they did this procedure in OR to identify the worse disc. I was somewhat sedated, put on an IV antibiotic, and they would put a cc or 2 of saline into discs to see which caused pain. MRIs were good, but still pain.

You can't feel a thing until they get the right disc. When they do the whole room will know and you can feel the nerve pain going down your leg.

Then they know that is where they need to do surgery, for sure.

Good luck!
Two weeks ago I feel that it did help with the pain I feel in my sacrum area but not at all with my leg pain. I do remember one of the injections hurting down my left leg...he is as you say trying to see where and what kind of surgery I have two herniated disc up higher and of course the L4 vertabrae is unstable...this will be surgery #5 for me...need to put a zipper in my back...

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote