Thread: L-tyrosine
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 04:36 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I will return the favor

Thanks cs. I am the type and have been clicking merrily for the last hour.
Along the way I came across this:
http://www.acnp.org/default.aspx?Pag...rationChapters
Although slightly dated (2000) this is one heck of a work and the individual chapters are downloadable. It is a massive (2000 pgs) tome from the American College of Neuropharmacology and even has a section on PD that is ahead of the curve even now. Enjoy.

This is getting near the area that I, at least, think is the heart of PD, namely the interactions between damaged endocrine (stress) and immune (inflammation) systems and their effects on the nervous system. I noticed that stress and the related chemistry can interfere with the uptake and use of trptophan, BTW. Perhaps another piece of the puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
When a chemist makes potential sSRI's, the biologists always check out at least the in-vitro receptor binding Nor-Epi mimetic properties, and now , some nor-epi component to potential SSRI's is considered either a good thing or at least inconsequential (unless it's just too potent).
You posed a thoughtful question about out evolutionary intention re; adrenergics derived from the tyrosine-l-dopa pool. I thought about it and concluded that dopa is sacrificed during fight or flight responses, but, getting ramped up on to much of the "Go" sympathomimetics wouldn't really serve us well during our often extensive periods when we were not in any threat. This would give the dopa pool rime to recharge, and the dopamine pump used accordingly as "a brake" to the cholinergic system. I am a wiki-head, so here are a couple of 4-leafed clover's that you might have looked over. Basically they are the first page and other "clickably" ( "clickably", a new cyber-word?) retrieved pages from the parent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenaline_junkie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine

basically, if you are the kind who would be inclined, click EVERYTHING on the parent page. One can learn a lot about our central nervous system regulation here. It always has amazed me how fast biochemical reactions can be. Nature has produced some fascinatingly fast enzymatic transformations. Did you know that dopa is very quickly transformed and utilized when it gets to where it is metabolized; in most cases only hanging around for a minute or two!!!
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote