View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I am so sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties. It's very frustrating. What has your treatment plan been for the past year? Have you had series of Blocks, Epidurals etc? Are they just not working now?

Moving to a SCS is a big step. And I can understand why your mind is whirling. As what you want is relief and your doctor paints a pretty good picture that the SCS is going to be the answer to all your problems. If all that these 4 doctors said to you was true we'd all have SCS's. There would be no more suffering from RSD.

I've never heard that SCS stops RSD from spreading.

There are people who have had SCS that have to continue to take meds orally.

With the trial, they tell you to be very careful so that you do not jar the leads. There is a whole list of things that you can't do. If it were me? I would want to run, jump and play and really test that bugga out to see if it really works! But as far as Medtronics is concerned, they want you to sit calmly, with your legs crossed and watch TV for the whole time! No bending, squating, twisting, the list goes on and on.

I hope some of the people w/ SCS's will share their experiences with you.

Please do not be intimidated by Doctors. Remember it's your body. It's the only one you have.
himomdp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote