View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

GOOD MORNING folks~!

My dear Brain, so GLAD to learn you are moving around and feeling a bit better. YOU deserve some good weather and ability to get out and do what you love to do.

For me, I see the "other neuro" tomorrow for a f/u on my sleep apnea and pos EMG for carpal tunnel. At that EMG, I told him of the electrical shock like pain in my legs and tingling/buzzing/tremors and he said I'd have to see the MS neuro and HE'd order yet another EMG of my legs...what? He was already doing the EMG. I guess it takes yet another "order" for insurance purposes.

Looking over all my MRI reports, I learned that there is a suspicious lesion on the pons that they never talked to me about 2 years ago. The MS neuro wanted to do another MRI last year but I could not afford it. My 20+ lesions have never changed over the years until this suspicious lesion on the pons.

I swear I have autonomic dysfunction due to something on or near my brainstem.. and my last Rhueumy also thought that and sent a letter..but they have not even looked at it. I made one of the neuro's look at it at my EMG appt. I will bring this up next week to my MS neuro. Its because my neuro exams are "good" that clinically they aren't concerned.

My work saga only gets worse. Again I am being "observed" by the supervisor who's out to get me removed. So now "to be fair" because we just dont agree that I am ineffective as a therapist, she said the MEDICAL director and a senior Peer would observe me too. WHAT?????

I did meet with the manager of all outpatient therapists in outlying clinics (not in the hosp where I work) and she was impressed with my enthusiams and ability to hustle and work hard therefore would keep me in mind for a transfer.

In an outpatient clinic I would be back on my own and not made to be observed or doubt my effectiveness. After all they have tons of surveys from my patients who have had many positive things to say.. only.. they never tell me. A head nurse came up to me and said she was happy to meet me as she reads these surveys and saw all the positive comments.

AND I have applied at another hosp and waiting to see what they offer.

All in all, I am getting out of there. She observed me last night and still says I dont do this or that when I KNOW that I do. Its a lose-lose situation and she has the power. BUT I maintain my professional integrity and competency... she CANNOT take that away from me.

Whooa.. BREATHE BREATHE.. its been so tense to come to work.

Know that I think of you all and wish you wellness.

Warmly, Jan
Jan4you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote