View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry

So sorry - didn't mean to be rude by not replying sooner. This is the first forum I've ever been on and I'm a bit new to it all. I went to the seaside for a few days to Dorset and then my parents have been visiting. I have also been finding it hard to summarise and put into words everything that has happened to me over the last year and a half. It is also hard because part of me just wants to forget about how traumatic it all was and just move on and live my life. I think that is maybe why there are not so many recovery stories around ( I could be wrong). However, I really do want to help if I can and so I am putting together a summary of everything I did to get better and everything I read that was useful (I tried a lot of things and a lot of them helped) and will post this as soon as I have finished it, on this site. I am then going to try writing a booklet with a bit more detail as I feel that this is needed. When I was recovering, I did not find a book written by someone who recovered completely or believed that you could, and believe me I could have done with that. That's why I'm going to try to write one. When I was first diagnosed I was terrified I would never recover and that I would never walk again. In my darkest hours I even told my boyfriend I would commit suicide if I could never walk again. As you know, constant pain can break the strongest of people. Going walking in the countyside was my life, my escape, my freedom. When I was diagnosed with RSD, I lost all that and a lot more.
I know I am extremely lucky to have recovered. Nothing I can say will fully convince you that you too can recover and I do not want to be patronising in any way, but I want to give you the most useful information I can, so please bear with me while I put it all together. In the meantime, please, please , please, get Dr Sarno's book - 'The Minbody Prescription' and give it a try. I'm aware not everyone can accept his theories, but please give it a go. It was recommended to me by my NHS GP, who told me a patient of hers with a Chronic Pain Syndrome similar to mine had tried it after years of pain and she was pain free after working with this book. The book was a part of my recovery too.

Love
Ness
ness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (05-22-2008), Burnbabyburn (07-08-2014), DianaA (12-24-2008)