View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 02:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Those could be mine!!!

Amber,
WOW! Those look JUST like my footsteps! I mean...EXACTLY! Weird, because I thought that I was the only one that walked like that. To hear my docs and all of the PT and Orthotic folks talk that I have been to, I am. LOL...reckon they are wrong! (which I guess shouldn't be too suprising to find out they were wrong about something else, considering how wrong they were about so many things,,,especially for the first 2, 3 years or so. LOL)

I haven't been to a beach to get footsteps like that (don't know how you stood the sand? It would have driven me crazy..OWIE!), but that is what my wet footprints look like. Well...except, you have a much nicer arch in your good foot. ROFL, I am about as flat footed as they come, so my good foot looks more like a splat-print with little toes on top of it, rather than a pretty foot print like yours.

Weirder still? My Bad RSD foot is also my RIGHT foot!!! I just sat here, looking at your pic again, and finally figured out that it is YOUR right foot too! (Sorry, takes me a minute or two, or 10, to figure those kinds of things out sometimes. LOL).

What do you do about shoes? I can only wear ones that don't completely enclose my foot. You know, the slide on ones? In fact, now that it has turned off cold, I will pretty much live in my huge big slippers (seriously...they are HUMONGOUS! Very soft, very big, very WARM...and don't hurt at all. My Mom got them for me on my last trip to Vegas to see my folks for Christmas, because I left my other pair here at home..DUH!) because they are the nicest shoes I have for my poor RSD foot. I do have, and can wear, other shoes beside slippers, but they ALL are the slide on kind...and they all are roomy, as to not hurt my foot. If that makes any sense?

Plus, it makes it easier to kick off. I kick off my left shoe when I drive, as I drive with that foot (well, actually, I kick off both shoes usually because I would rather sit in sock feet than in shoe feet. LOL). Do you drive? If you do, do you use your left foot, or have you figured out some way to drive with your bad foot? I haven't been able to figure out any way to do that at all. But I am an absolute PRO at driving with my left foot. Been doing it so long now, that I probably would have problems swapping back if all of a sudden I could. LOLOL..I know, that sounds weird.

Anyway..I was just zooming through here before heading off to try to get a little bit of sleep, but when I saw your pic, I just had to post. I really, really didn't think that there was anyone else out there that walked like I did. I don't see any cane or crutch holes by your steps...so you are able to walk around well without one? You don't have problems with your leg (ankle, knee...or any other parts) just giving out on you all of a sudden and without warning? I have that happen...especially if I have walked a fair bit. I usually do pretty good around the house, and for very short distances, and can get away without my "other leg"...but for anything else? Nope. I have fallen, or come too close to it too many times. I also wind up having to use a chair when I am out and about doing "big things" with folks, that involve lots of walking and/or standing...just so I can make sure I can keep up. Do you have to, too? If not...do you have any good suggests about how to keep the leg from giving out?

Wow...I just can't get over this pic. I really, cant. Thanks for posting it. It is just amazing to me how very similar our footsteps are! I wish that I had some pics of mine to post...but I don't. Don't have digital camera, either. Is that what you used? Can a regular camera be used to do this somehow? If that is possible...then maybe I can get some pics of mine up here sometime too, so you can see why I am going on and on about it. WOW!

Sorry that I am babbling and this wound up being so long. I am was just so surprised...and it is always kinda dangerous for me to post late at night, as that is when I tend to talk even MORE than usual! LOL.

Hope that you are having a good night and weekend!

((hugs))
Jose

Last edited by Joselita; 10-22-2006 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typed late at night, and re read during day..LOTS of typos and misspellings! ROFL
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote