View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy 10 Lesions from viral meningitis with no cause

Hi! Everyone

I am a 37yr Mom of 2 small children and this past March 08 I had had my first seizure. Thinking it was a TIA stroke I was rushed to ER. Explained to the ER doctor I had sever Headaches for 2 weeks straight and some discomfort in my neck, and now my right side of my body was numb . He diagnosed with me with have a migraine and sent me home.

Not feeling comfortable with that I met with my Primary DR and he order a Eco cardio gram, CT scan and MRI. Though I felt something else was going on and with having a sister and bother in-law as RN they suggested I see a neurologist. I was able and very lucky to get the Head of Nerology at Mass General Hospital. He review all my test and found nothing but ordered new test. The first test showed nothing but the 2nd round of test also did not show anything except for the MRI. The MRI showed 2 lesions. He also order more blood work and Spinal Tape. The spinal show I had viral meningitis and put me on Dilantin for the seizures. 2 1/2 weeks later I had a follow up MRI, this time around 8 more lesions had developed. At this time I was scared to death. Though my Nerologist insisted they where not Cancer or Tumbors which still did not relieve my worry.

So now we are on round 3 set of blood works, Thank god no MS, ALS, Lyme Lupas. Blood counts look great. But MRI showed more lesions . DR still insisting lesions are from the meningitis so we are on to Spinal Tape 2. Not the most enjoyable procedures.

The next option of a explority sugery coming up as the avenue to go which is lesionectomy to take a biopsy is not a realy option that i am looking to go just yet.

So I guess I'm looking for anyone that has been down this type of issue. Since this started I have dealing with depression and mood swings so my Dr suggested I see a therapist to help with me deal with the emotional rollercoaster which has been ok , I have dealing with for almost 2mths. And I feel like everytime I go for a test now it seems to gets worse with no real answers.
36Momof2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote