View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sassy - I brought our RV field vehicle along with our work truck, and the a/c worked very well in both of them. I kept cool.

Girlie Girl - That is a very small plant (a pigmy poppy) and they are so hard to find! Heck, we even had to use a micrometer to measure some of the plant parts!

DM - I get a kick out of working on projects that are contested between developers and environemntal groups. One of the things that keeps my firm functional is that we are pretty good at finding ways to make both parties very happy. I guess that is why we are hired for these types of projects.

BGB & Wiz - It has been an adventure! I just love my "work" and cannot believe that I get paid to do it.

Cindy - No golf or swimming here! I did wear knee pads because the soil was not always sandy. Actually, most of the site is comprised of coarse alluvium, and that is not good on the knees. *howdya' know about our props Wheredya get that picture of me at my client's office LOL

Sandy - We actually struck out in our search, but we did find the areas where we need to focus later in the week when the wind calms down.

Greenjeans - Now I can't get that song out of my head!

Ro - Oye vey, my DW is a biologist...and THE accountant! She would know if I called 1-800-FLOWERS! AND, I did wear the gown! LOL

Tkrik - Our a/c kept me cool and we had lots of water. It was hot (110 F), but only 80 F in the field RV.

SallyC - I can get back up off of my knees, but it is a chore after a while. I can also think of better reasons to get on my knees, but that is another story! LOL

Cheryl - You would love these kinds of surveys. It is really fun to do field work in the boondocks with a bunch of friends and then stay up until the wee hours just shooting the breeze over a couple of cold ones.

Barb - You would be amazed at what grows in the sand!

Tammy - It is always an adventure doing these types of surveys. The best ones are for the DoD on their bombing ranges in El Centro because, believe it or not, the natural diversity is always higher there (because people are not allowed into those areas). We also get a good airshow! (By the way, the ramps are being sent in the morning.)

BaxterTB - No new species of snakes were found, but we did find a few Mojave Greens and coachwhips.

-Vic
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (05-21-2008), SallyC (05-21-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (05-21-2008)