View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarabee View Post
WOW! Your the first person I have talked to who seems to understand. Are there really 10 whole people out there? HA HA! Have you had the epidural steriods yet? I have had one and no relief at all. My job requires I lift 70lbs, and they offer no light duty unless you have an OJI.... I do not know what to do about that. Right now it's kind of a "don't ask, don't tell" situation. But work is so exhausting and painful. I just feel like Im in limbo. Thanks for the reply. Take care and let me know if you learn anything new!!
I had ESIs for my neck injury and they helped for that, and facet joint injections for the same injury - which alkso helped. But nothing really helps the SM except not making it worse.

I have not worked since '02 (part time) or 2000 full time. But I do watch my granddaughter who's 2, so I have to pick her up some.

70 lbs?

I haven't been able to lift that since I weighed that lol!

If I even bring in the groceries my hands go tingly. I have learned easier -less strainful ways to deal with chores and life in general. Like throwing, not carrying, wash down stairs. And a cart with big wheels to lug stuff around the yard. Things like that.

This year, I'm trying soaker hoses instead of dragging a hose around to water the flowers.

On top of the sm, the neck injury is messing with my arms. I had a lot of temporary paralysis in both arms. Let me tell ya, that is scary. I do not want to be that way forever, so I do whatever I can to not mess myself up more.

I could feel my syrinx for 15 yrs before I knew I had one. When they found it in '04, it was from T5 to T 8. Now it feels bigger, feels like there's a knee in my back. I don't even want to know what it looks like.

What I can tell you is this; if the doc says yours can't give you symptoms above the site, don't believe him. Mine does. If he says it won't get bigger, they do. Watch out for yourself. Try to find a position or job where you do not have to lift like tht before you cannot lift like that.

It May not happen, and I hope it doesn't. But I wouldn't chance it. I know what it's like to not be able to pull back a sheet, get out of bed and open my bedroom door. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

BTW, my first sx of sm was I couldn't feel hot or cold in my fingers.