View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 06:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused aura- migraine vs partial seizures

hi there....never done this before so hope i'm doing it right!!

i'm due to go for a second neurology appt - the first time was nearly five years ago (was in my mid twenties) when they sent me the following day despite long waiting lists and had mri for vision loss but no headaches. i was eventually diagnosed as having "rare complicated migraine" and told strange things may happen but no clarification. well...many strange things have been happening which i intend to discuss with this new neurologist (even though it terrifies me that she'll think i'm losing my marbles). the trigger for this new appoinment was an attack which not only was prolonged (10hrs) whereas normally the visual problems last 30mins but also for the first time an incredibly severe headache which i nearly overdosed on strong pain meds (60mg codeine,tramadol,mefanamic acid 500mg and ibuprofen all within 4 hours to zero effect and then sumatriptan). the headache was most severe for the 10 hours both sides like brain freeze after eating ice cream too quickly not throbbing and on both sides and at the front not back
also over the last few years i have had the following:
buzzing in the ears
funny smells
pizza that tasted like paint
numbness in right forearm
forgetting the place where my husband proposed!! i have (had?) an excellent memory and we were driving through the village where we got engaged and my husband started to reminice i knew i SHOULD remember it but couldn't recall anything as to why the place was special
coloured blobs
seeing the air particles?
nightmares where i can FEEL a presence (demonistic) where usually something/someone wraps around my right arm and then jumps onto my face trying to bite me....sounds ridiculous but truly terrifying i can feel it happen!
days where i just cant seem to get motivated, really muzzy headed
lying in bed at night not sure if i'm asleep or not- imagining body parts (nothing rude....usually my forearm or lips) being zoomed in and disproportionately large....sounds really strange but that's the best way i can describe it
being in a conversation and suddenly realising that i cant seem to listen to the person..i can hear them but it's like there words are "going in one ear out the other" without any of the content being retained at all...then i start to panic because they will think i couldn't be bothered to listen and start trying harder to concentrate on the conversation but cant!!
sometimes words that i have been using all my life suddenly look completely wrong or unreal?? i keep checking the spelling and am certain the word exists but it looks "silly" ???

somebody mentioned partial seizures...that worries me because we live in a rural area and i cant afford to lose my driving licence as i have 2 young children. does anyone out there think this sounds familiar? i would be tempted not to mention the wierd symptoms in the appt to avoid any potential loss of my licence....dont want medication anyway as most things i can live with!
lucyobee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote