Thread: Help please
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 08:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hang in get 2nd opinion and find out about omega-3 EPA

Brindad,
Get a second opinion for your child. You need a fresh look from someone new. Ask about omega-3 fatty acids. They are good for children and can be really helpful in bipolar disorder in kids, or adults. The mass general hospital in boston did 2 studies on children with bipolar disorder the first with zyprexa and risperdal and the second with and using a high epa omega-3 called omegabrite.
In comparing the studies, using the same success criteria as they used for the zyprexa and risperdal in the first study, omegabrite was as effective as zyprexa and more effective than risperdal and zyprexa in the depressive symptoms. Both studies are on fishoils.com
Look at the charts and get a second opinion. Our doctor put my children on omegabrite. Then I started on it as well and it has made a huge difference. more people need to know about high EPA omega-3's. They can help. Omegabrite changed my life and my son's life.
Hang in and get a second opinion and find out about omega-3's for your child and for you too. It is so hard but things will get better with the right help and support.
JSR1