View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all the replies, I think everything said here came up with my rheumy visit today. I told him at the risk of sounding like a "cyberchondriac" the first thing that came to my mind was M.S. He agreed that yes it might be the lexapro and yes it might be M.S., and that at any rate he strongly suspects I have an autoimmune disorder so lets do an MRI and go from there. I think he wasn't very happy to find out my neuro had never ordered one before, even with a diagnosis from my EMG's. He said what I already know that idiopathic should only be named when everything is ruled out, I can remember my neuro saying at my first visit that I could have all kinds of expensive tests and still not have an answer. Knowing what I know now, that an answer might lead to cure, not just managing a condition I should have pressed on, I was so new to this condition and I let alot of treatment options slide.
That said, I think really that it is all about the lexapro, Jarrett, took your advise and popped about 5mg this morning, had an almost zap free day, so I think I will go back on and taper off even more gradually, I remember the neuro telling me every other day was an okay dose because of the long half life.
I then went to my spine/pain dr, sat for 90 minutes but wouldn't walk out since its a three month wait to get in and ended up getting a total stranger who had no idea about me and hadn't even looked at my chart, revolving doored myself out of there, but he did say make sure they include the neck in that MRI, you could have problems there causing these symptoms.
I am glad to be doing this even if it is on Saturday morning of a three day weekend, one more step in the process of elimination, ah the joys of chronic pain!!! Thanks all for the input, it helped me ask the right questions today.
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote