Old 05-22-2008, 02:37 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Do you have a respiratory problem?

She should explain exactly why she changed her mind. You have to be pushy to get good medical care. THAT is a sad fact of life.

I hate all opiates and have been VERY lucky so far. I took heavy doses of Oxycodone for around a month and did not miss them at all when I quit them. They really tear my respiratory system up, BUT when the pain hits 7-8 on McGill pain charts, I am glad I have them. I may go a month without one, then REALLY need them, like for the oral surgery I had.

I wish I could quit all of them. Good luck...

No respiratory problems! Not one! Don't smoke.....nothing!

When she asked why I was reluctant to increase my daily dose I told her that I was concerned about the "druggie label" and that I was trying to manage my pain on the bare minimum opiate dose.

That's when she gave me her talk about genuine people like me, who really need good pain relief getting the right medications for their pain. She went on to say that people like me aren't the one's that give drugs like Oxycontin a bad name, and then in the next breath she tells me she's stopping my Oxycodone!

I am not addicted to the drug, and I can do without it. Even if I was an addict, the SR twice daily rise would take care of that, but I'm not. I can go for weeks on end and not take one single tablet, but when I need them most they're no longer going to be there.

What worries me is when I wake up at 3am one morning in screaming pain and no I longer have this security blanket to fall back on. It's taken over a year to get my pain management to a stage where it actually does work for me, then 5 months ago I had to change GPs.

I'm one of the minority of people where an opiate actually helps their nerve pain, and when you get a nerve pain.......there's not much that is going to make it go away.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote