View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
I was all for David Cook winning, he's much more my idea of a singing star than David A. (17!!! and a young one at that), but young Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond never seized my attention either. Bet Mozart wouldn't either. Youthful prodigy type talent just doesn't. I'll not watch Ameroican Idol again because it's not my cup of tea. But that everyone is different and likes different things is what makes America great. (Except about all MSers being different - that does NOT add to the greatness). Just IMHO. Now "You think You can Dance", love that show!!!! Even Mary's hoots and hollers!!!
I HAVE LOVED "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE", since it began.

I am making Alan sit in the living room tonight and watch it with me. (He hates these dancing shows by the way).

Why am I making him watch this with me? Because at 10:15 p.m. last night, he walked into the kitchen and said "you know, when I think about it, David Cook deserved to win". I looked at him and said 'have you lost your mind"?

Then he says 'Well, he's a rocker, and David A can only sing Ballads".

After killing him in the kitchen, I told him "Tomorrow you are watching So You Think You Can Dance". He goes 'OH NO!!!"

And didn't you all fall off the couch when the guy all dressed in white came out and sang "You are my friend, forever, " and then the MARCHING BAND CAME OUT??? I thought Alan was going to fall off the couch. He said that when he laughed like that, his PN went away for 5 minutes.

Hey, all I have to do is make him laugh?????

He's still has to watch the dancing show with me.

Oh, he loves to watch Hell's Kitchen and every time Gordon Ramsey calls someone a DONKEY, Alan goes crazy.

I have a chef who lives down the block. I approached him yesterday (in all sincerity), and said "John, you've heard about Gordon Ramsey, the chef on Hell's Kitchen??" And he said "of course". I then said 'that's all a put on right?? when he calls people names? I mean he called someone a cow on tv the other night".

His response: "Are you serious, she's lucky that's all he called her". I said 'what do you mean". He said 'Chefs are extremely temperamental and that's exactly how they treat the cooks in the kitchen."

I had no idea. So the next time he calls someone a DONKEY, I hope they mash him in the face!!! lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-22-2008)