View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Soxmom is right about the poodles. I love, love dogs but am allergic to them. At one point I did do some searches on the internet about dog breeds and allergies. There were several dogs that are like poodles. I don't remember all of them but I do remember certain poodles being in that group.

DDs dad decided to get them a dog. When he brought DDs home one day, in comes this little cute, cute puppy. I couldn't resist, argue or anything as she was so adorable. She was a poodle/terrier mix that they got at the pound. She had been fixed and despite her recovering for surgery she was quite playful.

After we had her for a day or so my allergies went nuts. I had a friend of mine take her for a day or so to see if that was the problem with the allergies. It was the problem, but not the dog. It was the flea dip that they used on her. I bathed her and never had a problem with her after that (except for going through 5 pairs of pumps which she chewed the heal on, 1 screen window she put a hole in while we gone - school & work-, etc.)

As for allergies irritating symptoms, for ME definitely. Every allergy season the MS symptoms act up. I recently learned, from experimenting, that as long as I take my allergy meds regularly I don't have any problems with the MS symptoms.

I wish you luck and hope that you will be able to get this little puppy. Let us know what you decide.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote