View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

AAWWW, I'm so sorry.

I had to 'put down' 4 elderly cats in the two-year period around the time that my ex-husband (my son's Father) passed.

Fluffy was one week before his 22nd birthday when we made that trip to the vet. I had been living with him from the time he was 5 weeks old. I got him from the Animal Shelter in Boston. He was so young, I had to use a doll baby bottle for a couple of weeks until he learned how to use a dish.

It's been 10 years now. I still think about him and miss him (and the others too).

I figure that people that agree to "be owned" by a dog or a cat take on a very special relationship. It's a care-taker relationship, but, it provides an unbelievable amount of love back to us.

I think on what kind of lives these animals would have had if we hadn't taken them into our hearts and into our lives.

I know you miss Reeves terribly. But, you gave him the BEST LIFE and you gave the best gift when it was just too hard for him to continue living. You'll be blessed for that. One day that "knowing that you did the best you could" will bring comfort to your soul too.

Hugs.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote